Friday 7 August 2009

you tell me


RESPECT?!
"In order to gain someones respect you have to respect them also."
You see, everyone in this world wants to be treated like an adult, I do, everyone does. It's the most patronising thing to be constantly treated like you're five years old.
Like others I got taught to "treat people how you'd want to be treated" by my parents, I did have problems when I was younger, I got bullied, but then I grew up, and realised there was no point in cowering in a corner pretending to be innocent, I gave as good as I got, and I got my reputation back. I was NEVER a bully, and I will always stick to that. Bullies, in my eyes are insecure, emotionally unstable people. I know a few, but to be honest, I don't hate them, I feel sorry for them.
I was always very lucky in my upbringing, my parents came from very strict backgrounds and were both taught to work for what they wanted, both parents were in the RAF for a number of years, thus making them good employees in the fut
ure, my dad then went on to be a bank manager and my mum his P.A.
I was spoilt, I always got what I wanted, much to my mothers dismay. Then, seven years ago, on the 4th July my father was ripped away from me. I remember those words my mother had to say to me "Jennifer, I'm sorry but daddy's gone to h
eaven." That was the most hardest, most heartbreaking time of my life, I was nine years old and was definatly a daddy's girl.
Seven years on, I'm 16, my mum has worked as hard as she possible can, and we have the life we want, we have worries, and troubles, but so does everyone, but we work through it, as a family.
I remember, one of my CWO's chats to us about respect, his words were; "In order to gain someones respect you have to respect them also." he was right, there's no point doing you utmost to repsect someone when they just treat you like rubbish, some people need to learn that, and I'm just grateful that I learnt that at 16 and not later on. It's hard at times, no to go mental, I admit I have a temper, a very bad one at times, but it takes a lot to anger me, if I'm angry I go quiet, and if someone REALLY upsets me I shout, and a lot of other people do as well.
When I went to Egypt, it was a real eye opener, my cousin sara and I are both daddy's girls, Sara was closer to her Grandad Said, and when he died, she experienced some of the same feelings I did when my father died. I went to Egypt with Pete, my cousin, he's my uncles son, who died when I was ten, I felt that Pete and I could bond through this, evidently not, for the whole holiday we fought, when we got back we fought and the only way to stop this was to completely remove him from my life, I had no say in this decision, and it breaks my heart to have had to do it, but there are people in my life who have been there for me through all my hard times and those people are the ones that really matter.
Don't get me wrong, I love Pete, he's my family, and I hate how we argue, but sometimes it's for the best, and for the benefit for the rest of the family that some people cut all ties. It was hard for me to do, but it had to be done. I'll say no more on the subject.
My family are a close knit family, although my brother and I fight, we still love eachother, if one of us is in trouble we're there for eachother, my mum and I are close, and have grown closer since my father died. We argue, but we love eachother, that's all that matters.
One thing that my mother always taught me is "to treat people how you'd like to be treated" and still to this day I do. However, if someone is rude to me, calls me something horrible or generally treats me like a child then I give as good as I get, and I'm not afraid to say that.
I got told once, that "you're 16, you're too young to have an oppinion". An age is just a number, your maturity affects your real age. That's what I think, and so I don't appreciate being told that.

My trip to Egypt changed me, there was one person who definatly changed my views on things. Chatting with him made me realise that I should have more faith in myself, I knew things he didn't, in a non patronising way he asked me questions and made me feel wanted. Through our chats, and the time we spent together we formed a friendship which, I hope will last a long time.
My time in Egypt is a time I'll never forget, and the arguments, and the lies are just that persons way of saying he's jelous.



this picture represents the four cousins; the one's that love eachother the most <3


1 comment: